Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Essence of beauty


It's so easy to lose perspective, to one moment be full of faith and the next fear.  But, as I've continually been reminded this year, thoughts follow gaze.  And last week, this hymn came often to mind and has helped set my focus on That which is all beautiful and good, faithful and true.  I have needed many reminders of His faithfulness when confronted almost daily with the unfaithfulness of my contractor.  Have I mentioned that this new house project is HUGE?  5025 square feet huge and nearly every square inch needing a full make over.  We were set for the contractor to start two weeks ago with the plumbing and electrical and replacing a couple foundation beams... but he never showed.  I contacted him mid week of the week he was supposed to start. His crew didn't want to make the drive to Culpeper.  WHAT?!? After 6 weeks of knowing this project was upcoming, your crew doesn't want to come? Now what?  "Why don't you find others who might want to do the plumbing, electrical and some of the construction jobs"...So, now instead of chasing one person down to get work done, I have to find 3 or four others and keep track of them all.  And the process of finding, scheduling, getting estimates, well, it's slow. 

     So, you can see that I need perspective.  To set my gaze on things other than what's weighing me down right in front of me.  I tear down another wall, another ceiling tile, another floor tile.  I breathe, and am so thankful for a faithful and unchangeable GOD and Father who is for me and with me and can work through me and is living, really LIVING in me.  WOW!  His beauty, far surpassing the plants sprouting up in my tower garden, the 5:30am sunrise streaming through my window.  He is altogether FAIR and the wonder of wonders?  He calls me lovely, fair.  He has set the beauty of His majesty on me.  Little old, failing, broken, frustrated me - He calls me fair and its a reciprocating beauty and love that I can't come close to grasping or taking in.  Song of Solomon 4:7 He says of me, of you: "You are altogether beautiful, my love; there is no flaw in you."  I tend to choke on this, astounded at the wonder that He sees Himself in me and would bend low to inhabit this weak flesh. 

Join me in great adoration of this ONE who is altogether fair and bestows such beauty on us!
Image result for fairest lord jesus

  1. Fairest Lord Jesus, Ruler of all nature,
    O Thou of God and man the Son,
    Thee will I cherish, Thee will I honor,
    Thou, my soul’s glory, joy and crown.
  2. Fair are the meadows, fairer still the woodlands,
    Robed in the blooming garb of spring;
    Jesus is fairer, Jesus is purer,
    Who makes the woeful heart to sing.
  3. Image result for fairest lord jesus
  4.                           
  5. Fair is the sunshine, fairer still the moonlight,
    And all the twinkling starry host;
    Jesus shines brighter, Jesus shines purer
    Than all the angels heav’n can boast.
  6.                                                                            Image result for starry host
  7. Image result for starry host
  8. All fairest beauty, heavenly and earthly,
    Wondrously, Jesus, is found in Thee;
    None can be nearer, fairer or dearer,
    Than Thou, my Savior, art to me.
  9. Beautiful Savior! Lord of all the nations!
    Son of God and Son of Man!
    Glory and honor, praise, adoration,
    Now and forevermore be Thine.






No comments:

Post a Comment