Saturday, March 7, 2015

pushing the limits...

...of how many things can be done at once. Case in point: at present I am cracking hazelnuts, doing alternating lunges, and dictating into my tablet to create this blog post while making dinner. Yes, I might be going a little crazy. With hazelnut shells flying madly all over the kitchen. I'm sure its a site to see. One of my goals this month is to discover how many activities I can do while getting more exercise. For example, squats, lunges and perhaps some occasional push ups in the kitchen while cooking meals.  I've also been doing a lot of snow shoveling which, as it turns out, is great for the abs.

     But what's for dinner you ask? Rice noodle and\or spaghetti squash pesto with garlic parmesan green beans and a small side salad. ( The kids and husband loved it btw)

    I'm feeling accomplished because I restarted my exercise program today and got in 50 pushups, seventy squats and 70 sit ups. That, & I got my van cleaned and vacuumed out this afternoon which always makes me feel like there's a little less chaos and mess my life...

    But what I really want to know in the midst of all the craziness and chaos, joys and frustrations, dirty diapers, children learning to sound out new words, everyone vying for my attention at once and a to-do list that grows faster than things are accomplished, is how can I know God better in the midst of it all?  How can I experience His presence, joy and peace in an ongoing and sustained fashion in the midst of maintaining a household, homeschooling and hurrying from one activity to the next? How can I have my heart and head in Heaven while my body is weighted down by gravity on earth?

     I want to see more of Heaven brought down to earth - and this morning it's there glinting off the snow as the first morning rays beam over the horizon and everything is covered in a soft and silent white.  I sit here and listen for the Voice whispering words of life and of slowing down in the midst of vibrant, busy days to hear what He has to say.  And I want to hear today, to live with eyes and ears wide open to capture the rays of heaven subtly glinting on the landscape of my day.  That's my goal, more than the number of push-ups or sit ups or check marks of accomplishment on a long to-do list.  Did I experience God today?  Did I slow down enough to know Him in the midst of it all?  Did I fellowship with Him in a way that stirred up love and longing for more of Him in my children and in my home?


http://www.sugarfreemom.com/recipes/oven-fried-garlic-parmesan-green-beans/


http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/fresh_basil_pesto/
 

No comments:

Post a Comment