Sunday, January 7, 2018

      Peace...It's my word for the year - my heart's desire to find, know and live out a life experience of PEACE in every area of my life.  A peace independent of my life experience, schedule, relational conflicts, cleanliness of my house, behavior of my children.  A peace dependent and drawn from solely One - the Prince of Peace.  How can I not know and live and walk and breathe in PEACE if the Prince of Peace truly lives in, through, by, for and with me.  If he really is the GOD who cannot fail, who is ever vigilant for my GOOD, who allows all things to pass with love through His fingers and who ALONE does ALL things well, how can I not walk in serene PEACE???
   Before you think me a saint, I said I'm on a journey to discover and walk in this, not that I have already attained it.  Will you join me in the journey?  Perhaps you have your own word, own goals and study you are pursuing... but maybe, just maybe, you could use a little more PEACE too.  Maybe you too are hungry for a little more.  A radical, unshakable FAITH that manifests as PEACE.  So often I find that there is a disconnect between what I SAY I believe about GOD and my relationship to Him and with Him and the manifestations of that in my life - a living testament that every living, breathing, moving cell in me KNOWS that my GOD, my ADVOCATE, the STRENGTH and SUSTENANCE of the UNIVERSE is FOR me, WITH me, IN me... 
   How radically would my journey, your journey shift if what we confess to believe became an unshakable CONFIDENCE that controls us, rather than something we continually have to work-up in our spirit, remind ourselves of ... while shaking off the doubts, fears and questions that rise up against TRUTH. I'm tired of living on the edge of FAITH and it making no major difference in the way I live.  Sure, I'm intentional to pray and spend daily time with the FATHER.  I pray all throughout the day.  I remind myself of Who He is and What He can do.  I'm not saying I'm godless or unaffected, but I've hungered long for something MUCH MORE.  SOMETHING that's real, out there, available, BIBLICAL and yet missing from my everyday experience. No automatic alt text available.



   I have this feeling like I'm about to be skydiving (had the wonderful opportunity to do this with my sister Tirzah a few years back!!).  I'm in the plane wanting it, prepared for it with all the support and help available, but I've got to jump out of the plane - an idea which both terrifies and thrills me.  I know everything's in place to give me the experience of a lifetime in safety, but making myself free fall forward, propel myself out, is still daunting.  Are you ready to jump out of the plane, the comfort of knowledge to the freedom and exhilaration of radical faith?  The only thing I can promise is that the view is much better out there!  It may not be easy or feel easy but there's PEACE available to those who will take the jump.  I just know it.  I will search for it and bring you along!  Image result for skydiving in washington state

Image result for a mighty fortress is our god
Image result for a mighty fortress is our god A mighty Fortress is our God,
A Bulwark never failing;
Our Helper He amid the flood
Of mortal ills prevailing:
For still our ancient foe
Doth seek to work us woe;
His craft and power are great,
Related imageAnd, armed with cruel hate,
On earth is not his equal.



2


Did we in our own strength confide,
Our striving would be losing;
Were not the right Man on our side,
The Man of God’s own choosing:
Dost ask who that may be?
Christ Jesus, it is He;
Lord Sabaoth His Name,
From age to age the same,
And He must win the battle.

Image result for jesus wins satan loses
And though this world, with devils filled,
Should threaten to undo us,
We will not fear, for God hath willed
His truth to triumph through us:
The Prince of Darkness grim,
We tremble not for him;
His rage we can endure,
For lo! his doom is sure,
One little word shall fell him.
Image result for God’s truth abideth still, His Kingdom is forever.4
That word above all earthly powers,
No thanks to them, abideth;
The Spirit and the gifts are ours
Through Him who with us sideth:
Let goods and kindred go,
This mortal life also;
The body they may kill:
God’s truth abideth still,
His Kingdom is forever.


My theme verse to memorize and meditate on this week: 28 They answered, “We saw clearly that the Lord was with you; so we said, ‘There ought to be a sworn agreement between us’—between us and you. Let us make a treaty with you 29 that you will do us no harm,just as we did not harm you but always treated you well and sent you away peacefully. And now you are blessed by the Lord.”Genesis 26:28-29

No comments:

Post a Comment